We believe some things must be held as essential to understanding and being in relationship with God.
- We believe in one God–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 3:16–17; John 14:9–10
- We believe God is the creator of man and all things.
Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24–28
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son and Savior of the world.
John 3:16; Matthew 1:18; John 20:24–31
- We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for all matters of faith.
Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe that man, created by God, willfully sinned, and as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:7
- We believe salvation (the forgiveness of sins) comes by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ (His death on the cross).
Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:8–11; Ephesians 2:8–9
- We believe the Bible teaches that the pattern to follow to receive Jesus as Savior is to believe in Christ as God's Son and Savior of the world, to repent of personal sin, to confess Christ as Lord, and to be immersed in baptism.
Luke 24:45–47; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1–7; 2 Peter 3:9
- We believe the church is the body and bride of Christ, founded on the day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere.
Matthew 16:13–18; Acts 2:14–47
- We believe death seals the eternal destiny of each person. The saved will inherit eternal life; the unsaved, eternal separation from God.
Romans 8:10–11; Daniel 12:2; John 6:47